Monday, December 17, 2012

July 18th


July 18, 2013

           Hi its Lexi B.!  This is the last day I will be blogging; it’s so sad that we are leaving in two days! For breakfast instead of just eating the stuff at the hotel, we decided to eat really good for the next few days.  We took the local bus to a Bakery and it was only a $2 ticket. The restaurant wasn't that crowed so it felt pretty relaxed. I order a chocolate almond croissant, and it was the best croissant I've ever had. Once we left we decided to go shopping and get some souvenirs from the beach to take home with us since we haven’t yet.  One of the biggest fashion places in the world is Monte Carlo, so we all decided to take a small trip there to shop. There was constantly buses driving in and out of Monte Carlo and we thought that would be the cheapest way to get there. The bus came around 12 pm since we missed the first one in the morning because we were at breakfast.
            The bus ride was about 20 minutes long, so it wasn't that bad. The stores here are so expensive, so we just wanted to mess around and try on everything that was so out of our price range. The French wedding dresses were the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen, so we thought of a way that they would let us try them on. Our plan was to say that I was getting married in about 8 months and looking for a couture wedding dress. I told the woman that was helping us find be ball gown like dresses, and it was the best feeling ever to have on $10,000 worth of dress from such a famous designer called, Valentino. This was the type of dress I tried on, it was very ball gown like with a lot of pattern at the top. I felt like I was on top of the world wearing something this expensive. The girls jaws dropped as I entered the room, and I gave the dress a little twirl.  It was only until our wedding attended asked if this was the dress, that I snapped out of my trance.  I shook my head and then I think we all got the message it was time to leave.
            Our next stop was to eat dinner.  We went to a place called L'Hirondelle, it served Pissaladiere, which is a famous meal that French people eat. It's a type of white pizza without tomatoes, and it is served with onions, olives, garlic, anchovies and then caramelized on top. It was one of the best pizza like dishes I have ever had. It was pretty expensive since we ordered some red wine with that. It was around $120 even though that was the cheapest place for that dish. We got back to the hotel by the bus, and all passed out after all the walking we did that day.
 Au Revior!


Breakfast at a Bakery = 49.36 euros 
Bus ticket= 1.52 euros 
Shopping in Monte Carlo = 759.36
Dinner at L'Hirondelle = 91.12 euros 
Trying on a Designer Wedding Dress = Priceless 
Total For Today = $1187 
Grand Total = $16,070.84 

No comments:

Post a Comment